Speaker, writer, educator, consultant, mentor. Below is the latest of my writing and co-writing. It is based on my experiences as a professional, and Autistic community member.
My Latest Posts
- Neuroqueer: Depathologising psychiatric “conditions”A consideration on how neuroqueer theory can be used to depathologise the field of psychiatry and psychiatric conditions.
- Addiction doesn’t strip us of our humanityWhy are addicts stripped of their humanity by society at large? What can we do about it? Are cultural attitudes towards addicts understandable? This article attempts to answer these in brief.
- Neuroqueer: Gender Identity and Autistic EmbodimentThis article looks at neuroqueer theory and the Autistic embodiment of gender. It considers how one might construct their gender, and how being Autistic queers our ideas of gender.
- Guest Post: What is monotropic split?Tanya Adkin lays out the concept of monotropic split, and how it is at the root of various critical moments for Autistic people.
- Autistic people and the burnout-psychosis cycleTrigger Warning: This article discusses burnout and psychosis While it is evident to myself and my colleagues that Autistic people have a predisposition towards psychotic phenomenon, it seems to be a relatively new discovery to many of the mental health professionals I have talked to. Research that is non pathological in this area is sparse.Continue reading “Autistic people and the burnout-psychosis cycle”